Tuesday 18 December 2012

Cookie exchange


My Neighbor is so awesome! She organized a cookie exchange this past Sunday; it was so great! I'm a bit of a sucker for cookies... and so when she invited me I was pretty excited about it. There were 7 of us involved, therefore 7 doz. cookies to make. I ended up choosing my hubby's favorite... Peanut Butter cookies! Yum!
Saturday came and we were planning to hang out at my parents so I decided to bring my baking stuff with me. I think I ended up making 12 doz. or so cookies!  It didn't help that as soon as a batch of cookies came out of the oven my family were right there eating them. After packing what I needed for the cookie exchange there were still plenty of cookies left to share. Most stayed at my parents, and the rest were given to friends.
My hubby and I had a fun time sampling all the cookies while the kids were in bed last night. And this morning, my son and daughter have already devoured about a dozen cookies...
Now, I wish I could share all the cookie recipes that were used for the cookie exchange, sadly though, I can only share mine. :D

The best Peanut Butter cookies ever (according to my Hubby)
1 1/4 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
   3/4 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
   1/2 cup butter
    3   tablespoons milk
    1   tablespoon vanilla
    1   egg
1 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
   3/4 teaspoon baking soda
   3/4 teaspoon salt
  • Heat oven to 375°F. 
  • Combine brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat at medium speed (of electric mixer) until well blended. Add egg and beat until well blended.
  • Combine flour, baking soda, and salt add to creamed mixture at low speed. Mix until blended.
  • Drop tablespoonfuls of dough about 3 inches apart on to ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly in a crisscross pattern with a fork.
  • Bake at 375°F for 7-8 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown. Do not over bake. Let them stay on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before moving them to a cooling rack. Let them cool on the rack completely before putting them in a container…(otherwise they will stick together)
Recipe found in the "Old Fashioned Cookies" cookbook

No comments:

Post a Comment