Tuesday 11 December 2012

Testing the online market



Last year, after bringing a few of my bags to mom2mom sales, I figured it was time to show my face on the Online Market. Etsy turned the obvious choice for me. Its very low cost was great for my budget, and its a good established site known for its hand made products. Therefore people are more willing to pay a price that is fair for the work we artists put into our products. I have been finding out that shoppers that come to craft shows, bazaars, and mom2mom sales are constantly comparing my prices to that of big box stores. In my prices I only charge for my time because if I were to include the materials it would be outrageous. It is a bit frustrating but that makes me even more thankful for Etsy's site.
Here are some bags that have sold so far:


 Another popular item that has been selling even better than these back packs are something I call Soother Tags. They have many names... soother holder; pacifier clip... just to name a few. Surprisingly I found a strong market for them on eBay. Particularly in the spring time. I don't know why but for some odd reason lots of babies are born in the spring thus making me $$$! Yaya! These are pretty easy to make and I can whip a bunch up in no time at all. Maybe one of these days I'll post a tutorial for them. :)
Until the next post,
BJ

No comments:

Post a Comment